School of Breaking is dedicated to keeping our environment safe, positive and supportive for all students, parents and staff. We will not tolerate any hate, negativity, gossip or otherwise disrespectful behavior. Poor behavior by any parent or student may result in dismissal from our studio. Thank you for being kind and helping us towards providing a fun, creative, safe and healthy space for personal growth.
School of Breaking reserves the right to refuse any further service to a student or parent if poor or inappropriate behavior occurs. If membership cancellation occurs as a result of disruptive behavior, any fees paid to School of Breaking will not be refunded.
- Annual Membership – Signing up for an Annual Membership means you are committing yourself to a signed contract for the Annual Season (see Membership Seasons below). Signing up for a membership means you are obligated to pay the full cost of tuition whether you are paying in full or splitting up your tuition into monthly payments.
- Membership Seasons – Annual Season (11-months, August – June)
- Cancellation Policy:
Annual Members have a 2-week window at the beginning of their season enrollment to cancel their membership with no cancellation fee. If you choose to cancel your membership after the 2-week window due to reasons other than serious injury, disease, or death in the family, you will be charged a $60 cancellation fee per member.
- If paying monthly, we require you to have an active credit card on file. To do this, every member paying monthly tuition is required to keep an active credit card on file. A credit card is not required if your tuition is paid in full upon sign-up.
- Monthly payments are processed automatically on the 1st of each month. This authorization is only valid for the duration of the season in which you are enrolled.
- We do not provide refunds unless a student needs to suddenly cancel due to reasons concerning serious injury, disease, or death in the family. No financial credit is given for missed classes. No exceptions are made. If a student misses a class, he/she is welcome to make up the missed class by taking an alternative class within the same age and difficulty level. Or in the case of Drop-In students, you can reschedule your class for a future date.
Memberships follow an 11-month season that runs from August – June. By enrolling, members are committing themselves (or their child) for the entirety of the season. Members have a 2-week window at the beginning of their enrollment to cancel their membership with no cancellation fee. If you choose to cancel your membership after the 2-week window due to reasons other than serious injury, disease, or death in the family, you will be charged a $60 cancellation fee per member.
- It is very important to attend every class. Consistency is an essential part of the learning process and key to improving your abilities and achieving success.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your class starts. Every student should arrive with enough time before class starts to change clothing, eat or use the restroom.
- All students must be picked up promptly after class.
Make-Up Policy for Missed Classes
- A missed class can be made up by taking any alternative class within the same age and skill level.
- Missed classes must be made-up before the end of the season in which you are enrolled.
- Missed classes that are not made up by the end of the season cannot be used as credit into the next season.
- We do not transfer credits for missed classes into the next season or to another student.
- In case of staff illness/absence: Class will still continue and another certified instructor will substitute. In a rare case when we do have to cancel a class, that class can be made-up per our make-up policy.
- Be aware of our Health and Safety Protocol.
- Practice on your own.
- Be kind and respectful to yourself, your peers and School of Breaking staff.
- Be open-minded and free of judgement
- Be patient and make mistakes while learning.
- Do your best.
- Stay committed to your Membership Program through the Season.
- Arrive to class safely and on time. On time arrival is 5-10 minutes before the start of class.
- Read email communications regarding updates for your Membership Program and School of Breaking. Please make sure our email address email@example.com is not on your spam list.
- Please communicate with us if you have questions or concerns 720-295-6265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Suspension and Membership Termination
- School of Breaking reserves the right to suspend and terminate a student’s account if:
- Tuition is not paid for more than 30 days.
- Student is exhibiting disruptive behavior and is unresponsive to disciplining methods either by staff or by parents.
- Student is caught fighting or bullying.
- Class observations will be dependent on our Health and Safety Protocol.
- When observation of class is allowed, parents MAY NOT interfere with class.
- Parents may watch class through the classroom windows or television monitors.
- Parents may not observe their child from within the classroom without prior approval.
- During normal teaching hours, the instructor’s focus will be on the students and running class. Please do not disrupt class time to address questions. Please send us an email with any questions (email@example.com) or speak with our Front Desk staff.
3 Strike Method for Students and Parents
Student Behavior Escalation Process:
- Asked once to stop disruptive behavior. Given first warning.
- Asked twice to stop and must sit out. Second warning given.
- Asked three times and must leave the classroom. A staff member will speak with the student/parent about next steps.
Parent Escalation Process:
- Asked to stop disruptive behavior. Given first warning.
- Asked to have a conversation with School of Breaking management.
- Police can be contacted and student membership will be cancelled without refund.
- All studio news and information will be posted on a combination of our website (www.schoolofbreaking.com), Facebook and Instagram. We also send out a monthly newsletter to students for important information regarding studio and community events. Please make sure our email address firstname.lastname@example.org is not on your spam list. Please reference School of Breaking’s website and other social media accounts for the most up-to-date news, upcoming dates and important information. Please like and positively rate our studio to help us continue to add value and grow.
- School of Breaking is not responsible for students and/or other children left unattended outside of regular class time including any older children who leave the premises for any reason.
- We highly encourage parents to walk students in and out of the school. No student should leave the school without a parent. Students are not allowed to wait outside for parents.
- Please clean up after yourselves. Place all trash in the trash bin and put all equipment back where you found it.
- Please respect the property of School of Breaking including all common areas, bathrooms, floors, doors, tables, chairs, walls, equipment, sound systems, etc.
- School of Breaking is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Students must have their name on all personal property, shoes, bags, jackets, etc. Please do not bring valuables into the studio. All personal items should be kept in a cubby.
- Any items left over from class will be placed in lost-and-found. Twice a year any unclaimed items will be donated in December and June.
- In case of inclement weather, School of Breaking will announce studio closures via one or more of the following communication platforms: posts to School of Breaking’s social media accounts, sending an email to currently registered students or posting an announcement on School of Breaking’s website. If the studio must be closed due to circumstances beyond our control (power outages, inclement weather, etc.) there will be no refunds, but you can make up missed classes.
By following our policies and maintaining our high quality level of expectations we can all work together to create an incredible environment and home for everybody. We thank you all for your support and please let us know if you ever have any questions in regards to our school policies.
LAST UPDATED: July 1, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age range for the Kinder Club?
What is the age range for the Breaking Program?
Any age 7-60+, we have kids, adults AND teen classes.
What is the age range for the Hip Hop Program?
Any age 7-60+, we have kids, adults AND teen classes.
How much is Drop-In?
$15 for 30-minute classes. $18 for 50-minute classes. If you choose to enroll in a membership program during the same month as your Drop-In class, we will apply the single Drop-In fee to your membership tuition.
How long does your season run?
Our seasons run 11-months from August-June. We don’t run classes during the month of July.
What is your address?
14190 E. Jewell Ave. Unit 7. Aurora, CO 80012
How long have you been open?
We opened our doors in 2012.
What if I miss a class?
You can make-up missed classes per our Make-up policy
I want to enroll but the season has already started. Am I too late?
If the class is not closed for enrollment, you can certainly enroll.
What attire should myself or my child wear?
Be yourself and dress to feel good. We all normally wear t-shirts, sweatpants, sneakers (required) and either a hat or beanie. There will be no judgment so dress how you feel.
What is your Membership Cancellation Policy?
If you choose to cancel your membership after the first two weeks of enrollment due to reasons other than serious injury, disease, or death in the family, you will be charged a $60 cancellation fee per student.
Who should I contact if I have any questions about classes or enrollment?
Please contact School of Breaking, either by email at email@example.com or by phone at 720-295-6265.
LAST UPDATED: July 21, 2021